CEDAR email: Heliophysics Phase I DRIVE Science Center awards

Astrid Maute maute at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 5 08:10:45 MST 2020

*Heliophysics Phase I DRIVE Science Center awards*

NASA Heliophysics Division is pleased to announce the Heliophysics Phase I
DRIVE Science Center awards.
The selected proposals are listed below by Principal Investigator,
Institution and Title. The abstracts of each can be downloaded from NSPIRES
or by using this link
https://nspires.nasaprs.com/external/solicitations/summary.do?method=init&solId={1FE15C46-31FA-783D-4ED2-F77BC1A233C9}&path=closedPast

PI/Institution/Title
*Brain, David/U Colorado, Boulder/Do Habitable Worlds Require Magnetic
Fields?
*Drake, James/U Maryland, College Park/Solar Flare Energy Release
*Gombosi, Tamas/U Michigan, Ann Arbor/Solar Storms and Terrestrial Impacts
Center (SOLSTICE)
*Hoeksema, Todd/Stanford U/Consequences of Flows and Fields in the Interior
and Exterior of the Sun (COFFIES)
*Merkin, Viacheslav/Johns Hopkins U/Center for Geospace Storms (CGS)
*Opher, Merav/Boston U/Our Heliospheric Shield
*Randall, Cora/U Colorado, Boulder/Wave-induced Atmospheric Variability
Enterprise (WAVE)
*Velli, Marco/U California, Los Angeles/HERMES: HEliospheRic Magnetic
Energy Storage and conversion
*Welling, Daniel/U Texas, Arlington/The Center for the Unified Study of
Interhemispheric Asymmetries (CUSIA)

James Spann,
Heliophysics DRIVE Science Center