CEDAR email: Grand challenge multi-scale I-T coupling session at CEDAR virtual workshop

Toshi Nishimura toshi16 at bu.edu
Mon Jun 15 06:16:53 MDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

The grand challenge multi-scale I-T coupling session will hold a 2-hour
session at 9:30-11:30am MDT on Wednesday June 24. Following the event
discussions in last year's session, this year we will have five invited
presentations on the current status and challenges of multi-scale
observations and modeling in the ionosphere-thermosphere system.

Despite the virtual format, we will have a good amount of time for asking
questions to the speakers and discussing among the audience, to make the
session as interactive as possible.

How to attend the session:
The virtual workshop organizers will provide the zoom link to all participants
who have registered for the workshop.

Speaker list:
Yue Deng: GITM multi-scale simulation
Andres Spicher: Cusp rocket experiment of density structures
Xian Lu: TIE-GCM simulation of auroral thermospheric dynamics
Leslie Lamarche: Polar cap patch instability observations and modeling
Doga Ozturk: GITM simulations with High-latitude Input for Meso-scale
Electrodynamics (HIME)

Short talks:
We have a few slots for short (5 min) presentations. If interested, please
contact Toshi Nishimura (toshi16 at bu.edu).

Session description:
http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2020_Workshop:GC_multiscale

Best regards,
Toshi Nishimura and Aaron Ridley on behalf of session conveners