CEDAR email: CEDAR in 30 Years

Ryan Mcgranaghan rmcgranaghan at astraspace.net
Sun Jun 7 13:15:44 MDT 2020

Dear CEDAR visionaries,

We hope you are each keeping well in these strange times.

As you well know, CEDAR 2020 is moving to the virtual setting. While it is
disappointing not to convene in person it is also an opportunity to
potentially increase participation, a component that is particularly
important to the session we proposed to envision CEDAR over a multi-decadal
time span
<http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2020_Workshop:CEDAR_Long_Term_Vision>
(please see, specifically, the justification for the pressing need to hold
this session).

We are currently looking to discuss a wide variety of ideas and ways in
which we can improve CEDAR. Do you have interest and thoughts on what CEDAR
science can be in 30 years? Please take two minutes to fill out this survey
<https://forms.gle/fycRLTeKh3pbBtDb8> to indicate your interest.

With community support, we will hold this discussion virtually and make it
an opportunity for you to shape the future of CEDAR. We will follow-up with
those interested regarding your ideas and the opportunity to prepare a
one-slide presentation that can be presented during the virtual session.

Early career researchers are particularly encouraged to contribute.

Looking forward to your thoughts and, in the meantime, keep well!

Jens Oberheide

Asti Bhatt

Katrina Bossert

Lindsay Goodwin

McArthur Jones Jr.

Ryan McGranaghan

*Ryan McGranaghan* - Aerospace Engineering Scientist | Principal Data
Scientist

ASTRA, LLC

               282 Century Place, Suite 1000  |  Louisville, CO  80027
               Contact
               WeWork c/o Ryan McGranaghan, 641 S Street NW, Washington, DC
20001
               865.804.2169  |  ryan.mcgranaghan at gmail.com /
rmcgranaghan at astraspace.net |  astraspace.net