CEDAR email: Register now for the CUSIA Online Workshop: August 20-21

Welling, Daniel T daniel.welling at uta.edu
Fri Jul 31 17:00:10 MDT 2020

The Center for the Unified Study of Interhemispheric Asymmetries (CUSIA) Online Workshop is an interactive working meeting with 3 goals:

1.            Bring together researchers who are interested in the topic of interhemispheric asymmetries.
2.            Identify the most critical outstanding questions concerning interhemispheric asymmetries.
3.            Develop new collaborative research tasks that participants will pursue to address the pressing open questions.

The workshop will be modeled after ISSI International Teams, which are small, focused workshops meant to quickly advance understanding of a certain subtopic within heliophysics.  After introducing CUSIA research goals and activities, participants will be able to share their progress in the area of interhermispheric asymmetries.  Through breakout discussions, we will identify research priorities in this sub-field and develop new projects that take advantage of the full expertise and capabilities of the participants.  Through this workshop and the continued collaborations it initiates, we hope to enhance your science and expand the CUSIA team.

The workshop will be held online from August 20th through 21st.  It will be held via Zoom web conferencing and via Slack chat.  Registration is free but required; please visit https://form.jotform.com/202125976911052 to register.  We hope to see you online!

Daniel Welling [he/his/him]
Assistant Professor, Physics Department
University of Texas at Arlington
(817) 272-7081