CEDAR email: AGU session: New Perspectives on Dynamic Magnetosphere Coupling to High-Latitude Ionosphere-Thermosphere System

Garcia-Sage, Katherine (GSFC-6740) katherine.garcia-sage at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 28 15:40:59 MDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to contribute to the Fall AGU session SA013 “New Perspectives on Dynamic Magnetosphere Coupling to High-Latitude Ionosphere-Thermosphere System”.
Understanding multi-scale MIT coupling calls for innovative theoretical approaches, combined analysis of multiple ground and satellite datasets, and new constraints on models. We will re-examine the roles of possible MIT coupling pathways to quantify energy and plasma transport at different altitudes and regions. This session will address challenging topics of MIT dynamics from a system-wide perspective. We encourage abstracts focusing on synthesis of multi-instrument and multi-platform observations (satellites, ISR, SuperDARN, magnetometer chains, and rockets), and model developments for understanding multi-scale, high-latitude electrodynamics and plasma and neutral transport processes in MIT coupling.

We plan to have virtual session. Details can be found at https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Session/101563<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__agu.confex.com_agu_fm20_prelim.cgi_Session_101563&d=DwMGaQ&c=ApwzowJNAKKw3xye91w7BE1XMRKi2LN9kiMk5Csz9Zk&r=fppQB99P3hQIhLaZckbPnzJbS-fpQx-Hv5aiomGwUmc&m=pnhU3-R5tONM2H6v8SdE-XUMtKxOkkddrNFVvUGbX88&s=uSuLHWYw0i-oo8mYXbdwp0l0Od3L9WL6fmi_cCTh1Ro&e=>

Conveners: Olga Verkhoglyadova, Katherine Garcia-Sage, Stephen Kaeppler and Hyunju Connor.

Dr. Katherine Garcia-Sage
Goddard Space Flight Center
Code 674, Bldg 21-Rm 258
Greenbelt, MD  20771