CEDAR email: System for Integrated Modeling of the Atmosphere (SIMA) workshop: 18-21 May

Astrid Maute maute at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 13 09:26:59 MST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Due to unforeseen delays in the planning of the SIMA workshop, we have to
postpone this workshop to May 18-21.  We are hoping you will still be able
to join us. More information to follow.

Andrew Gettelman
Mary Barth
Hanli Liu
Bill Skamarock

-------

Old announcement:

Dear Colleagues

As you may be aware, there have been discussions at NCAR and throughout
the community on unifying community atmosphere modeling efforts (e.g.
CESM, MPAS, WACCM, CAM-Chem, WRF,...).  In order to define this effort
(named SIMA, for System for Integrated Modeling of the Atmosphere), there
will
be an NSF supported workshop, to be held during the week of March 2-6.
Location is TBD, but will be in the conterminous US and easily reached.

So please mark your calendars if you think you would be interested in
attending.
The workshop will be by invitation only, but the application will be open to
anyone.  We will update you on this process in early 2020.