CEDAR email: NASA DRIVE Science Center for Geospace Storms (CGS) seeks community input

Astrid Maute maute at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 20 14:34:20 MDT 2020

Here is a correction since I misspelled Slava's name in the original message.

-Astrid

The Center for Geospace Storms (CGS) is one of the DRIVE Science Centers
selected by NASA for Phase I. A press release about CGS has recently been
published here: https://www.jhuapl.edu/PressRelease/200408. With this short
note, we would like to express our commitment to working with the community
both to communicate what we expect to achieve and to solicit feedback,
ideas and suggestions as to how the Center’s activities can be made most
useful to the community and address problems of a broad interest. While the
team is working to build a robust means of interaction with the community
(e.g., through the website we are developing), we welcome your thoughts at
the following webpage, where you can also find the CGS project
summary:cgs.jhuapl.edu/feedback.

We also would like to make everyone aware of the dates of the 1st CGS
Workshop to be held at JHU/APL the week of 9-13 Nov 2020. We are currently
planning to have 1-2 days during that week open to the community and will
work to make both in person (assuming we’re back to normal by then) and
virtual presentation options available. Details and logistics will be
worked out as we are approaching that date.

Slava Merkin and the CGS team