CEDAR email: SAVE THE DATE - June 8-12, 2020 - 2nd Eddy Cross Disciplinary Symposium

Kendra Greb kgreb at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 18 08:54:18 MST 2019

As our planet becomes one among many thousands of known worlds, our needs
to understand how Earth’s space and climate react to our variable star grow
in urgency.

Please join us in Vail, CO for the 2nd Eddy Cross Disciplinary Symposium.
The aim of the Symposium is to bring scientists (both early-career and more
senior) together, from diverse disciplines, to help define the next decade
of helio-physical research, including its implications for planetary and
astrophysical objects.

This Eddy Symposium will focus upon techniques for optimizing scientific
return to broad questions such as:

   -

   How do we tackle the diversity of physical conditions and multi-scale
   science needed to arrive at a more holistic understanding of heliophysics?
   -

   What new threats does solar variability bring within a changed climate?

*Agenda*

Monday, June 8 - Wednesday, June 10

General session open to all attendees. Will include talks, discussions,
posters, and more.

Thursday, June 11 - Friday, June 12

By invitation only.

For more information please visit the 2nd Eddy Symposium Website
<https://cpaess.ucar.edu/meetings/2019/symposium-2020>.

For more information, please contact Kendra Greb <kgreb at ucar.edu>
(UCAR/CPAESS). Limited travel funding may be available for early career
scientists - please contact Kendra for more information.

Funding for the Symposium is provided by NASA and the National Center for
Atmospheric Research (NCAR).

--

*Kendra Greb, CGMP* |  Program Administrator

Cooperative Programs for the Advancement of Earth System Science (CPAESS)
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR)
P.O. Box 3000  |  Boulder, Colorado 80307
303.497.1605 <(303)-497-1605>  |  kgreb at ucar.edu |  cpaess.uc
<http://cpaess.ucar.edu/>ar.edu <http://cpaess.ucar.edu/>