CEDAR email: CEDAR Workshop Session: Calibration, analysis, and uncertainty assessment for optical observations

Susan M Nossal nossal at physics.wisc.edu
Wed May 22 16:44:14 MDT 2019

Dear CEDAR community,

We would like to invite people interested in presenting in the 2019 CEDAR Workshop Optical Calibration<http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2019_Workshop:Optical_calibration> session to contact us. The workshop is intended to communicate best practices, emerging modalities, and current challenges of providing accurate and precise observations. This objective is becoming more important as observations begin to be routinely used by the modeling community in a quantitative way.

In light of recent and upcoming missions (e.g., GOLD, ICON and COSMIC-2), we specifically encourage presentations on the challenges of combining ground and space-based observations. Discussion of reproducible research, open-source software, and quantifying uncertainties are especially welcome. However, we invite presentations on a broad range of topics related to UV, visible, infrared, and THz sensing. Student participation is actively encouraged.

Brian Harding (bharding at ssl.berkeley.edu<mailto:bharding at ssl.berkeley.edu>)
Susan Nossal (nossal at physics.wisc.edu<mailto:nossal at physics.wisc.edu>)