CEDAR email: GEM-CEDAR Modeling Challenge: Conductivities and High-Latitude Ionosphere-Thermosphere Coupling

Eric Sutton eric.sutton at Colorado.EDU
Wed May 15 16:14:21 MDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to participate in the GEM-CEDAR Modeling Challenge Session on Conductivities and High-Latitude Ionosphere-Thermosphere Coupling<http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2019_Workshop:GEM_CEDAR_High_Lat_Modeling_Challenge>. This session will take place at 1:30–3:30 pm on Thursday, June 20.

We will focus on validation of high-latitude magnetosphere-ionosphere-thermosphere coupling, with direct tie-ins to the International Forum for Space Weather Capabilities Assessment<https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/assessment/> teams for Auroral Region, Neutral Density, and the GEM Conductance Challenge. We will focus on validation of auroral precipitation, high-latitude ionosphere electrodynamics, and LEO neutral density and orbit determination for several events selected by the GEM Conductance Challenge, AuroraPHILES, and Neutral Density teams:

  *   2012 March 9
  *   2013 March 17
  *   2015 Jun 21-24
  *   2016 Oct 13-15

Time permitting, we will have additional discussion of how best to engage with the Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions Campaigns for the benefit of these challenges.

Best regards,

Katherine Garcia-Sage, katherine.garcia-sage at nasa.gov<mailto:katherine.garcia-sage at nasa.gov>

Eric Sutton, eric.sutton at colorado.edu<mailto:eric.sutton at colorado.edu>

Hyunju Connor, hkconnor at alaska.edu<mailto:hkconnor at alaska.edu>

Stephen Roland Kaeppler, skaeppl at clemson.edu<mailto:skaeppl at clemson.edu>

Bob Robinson, robert.m.robinson at nasa.gov<mailto:robert.m.robinson at nasa.gov>

Eric Sutton
Sr. Research Associate
Space Weather Technology, Research, and Education Center
University of Colorado at Boulder
303-735-6110 (o)