CEDAR email: AGU Session SA001 - Advances in Equatorial Thermosphere and Ionosphere Studies

Elvira Astafyeva astafyeva at ipgp.fr
Fri Jul 26 04:05:36 MDT 2019

Dear Colleagues

We would like to draw your attention to the AGU 2019 Fall Meeting session SA001 entitled "Advances in Equatorial Thermosphere and Ionosphere Studies":
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/74657

Session description:
This session focuses on understanding the dynamic and coupling processes of the thermosphere and ionosphere at equatorial latitudes during both quiet and disturbed periods. This includes equatorial ionospheric response to geomagnetic storms, storm-time penetration and disturbance dynamo electric fields, equatorial spread F/plasma bubbles, scintillations and their effects on communication and navigation systems, equatorial electrojet, vertical coupling of the atmosphere and ionosphere or forcing from below (planetary waves, tides, gravity waves, etc.) and induced ionospheric disturbances such as TIDs, and longitudinal variations of thermospheric and ionospheric parameters. We welcome observational, theoretical and modeling studies that advance our understanding and enable us to better forecast the low-latitude thermospheric and ionospheric behaviors, especially during geomagnetic storms. Presentations on new instruments and observational methods are also encouraged.

The deadline is Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at 23:59EDT (03:59GMT).

Conveners:
Elvira Astafyeva (IPGP, France), Chaosong Huang ( Air Force Research Laboratory, USA), Huixin Liu (Kyushu University, Japan), Endawoke Yizengaw (The Aerospace Corporation, USA)

Please, consider submitting your contribution to our session.

Looking forward to seeing you in San Francisco!