CEDAR email: AGU Session on Standards, Metrics, User Needs for Next-Gen Space Weather Programs.

Dandenault, Patrick B. Patrick.Dandenault at jhuapl.edu
Mon Jul 8 10:08:35 MDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to submit instrumentation related abstracts to our Fall 2019 AGU
Session:  SA019 - R202R:  Standards, Metrics, and User Needs for Next-Generation Space Weather Programs.

Session link: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/81247
Submit link:  Submit an Abstract to this Session<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/sa/papers/index.cgi?sessionid=81247>

Summary:  The potential impacts of extreme space weather are gaining visibility worldwide and next-generation operational systems are being developed. As our understanding of the physics of near-Earth space (Geospace) events improves, that knowledge will be incorporated into the new systems. This session will address Standards, Metrics, and User Needs for next-generational operational space weather programs. Topics may include: next-generation hardware and software architectures; standards and metrics for comparing models, and for comparing data-assimilation algorithms; User needs and requirements for improved operational products.

Sincerely,
Pat

Patrick Dandenault, PhD
Space Physics Research (SRG)
JHU/APL, 200-W260
11100 Johns Hopkins Rd, Laurel, MD 20723
Office: 240-228-6967

Session Conveners
Patrick Dandenault, JHU/APL
Robert K Schaefer, JHU/APL
Larisa P Goncharenko,  MIT
Ja-Soon Shim, Catholic University of America

Index Terms
7924 Forecasting <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Keyword/SPACE%20WEATHER_7924%20Forecasting>
7934 Impacts on technological systems <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Keyword/SPACE%20WEATHER_7934%20Impacts%20on%20technological%20systems>
7944 Ionospheric effects on radio waves <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Keyword/SPACE%20WEATHER_7944%20Ionospheric%20effects%20on%20radio%20waves>