CEDAR email: AGU Session on instrumentation: ground based and in-situ

Barjatya, Aroh barjatya at erau.edu
Mon Jul 8 08:59:08 MDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to submit instrumentation related abstracts to our AGU
session "SA010 - New Frontiers in Space Weather Observations and
Measurement Techniques"

Session link: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/79844

This session aims to bring together experimentalists and welcomes ideas
for new techniques, and also new ways to leverage older techniques in a
collaborative and innovative way. We welcome submissions related to
in-situ instrumentation and ground/space based remote sensing. Results
from new laboratory instrumentation or field/flight testing are also
encouraged and invited.

Miniaturization of technology has brought us an opportunity for making
ever smaller instruments enabling the remote sensing, sounding rocket,
and satellite communities to do worthy science from small platforms that
lend easily to multipoint measurements.

As we aim to do simultaneous multi-point observations of various space
weather phenomena at higher spatial and temporal resolution, we have to
ask - What existing techniques can be pushed farther in their
performance? What are the important parameters that we need to measure
for which we do not yet have a well proven technique or platform? And
what are some innovative techniques and platforms that will help us do
more with less?

Sincerely,

Aroh Barjatya
Patrick Roddy
Sarah Jones
Marcin Pilinski

Aroh Barjatya, PhD
Associate Professor of Engineering Physics
Physical Sciences Department
College of Arts and Sciences
600. S Clyde Morris Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL 32114