CEDAR email: Call for abstracts at AOGS 2019 in Singapore: Session ST13

Drew Turner drew.lawson.turner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:02:35 MST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to call your attention to our session on inner magnetospheric
physics to be held at the upcoming 2019 Asia Oceania Geosciences Society
(AOGS) meeting in Singapore from 28 July to 02 August 2019.  Please
consider submitting an abstract to present your latest results in our
session, the details for which are included below. *Also, please note, the
abstract submission deadline is 12 Feb 2019.*

*Session ST13: New perspectives on Earth’s inner magnetosphere from
multipoint satellite observations and data-ingestive modeling*

Magnetospheric physics is currently in a golden era, with a plethora of
satellite missions including space plasma instrumentation that are
currently or recently operating in Earth orbit. This session focuses on
multipoint perspectives of the global nature of plasma (E and B fields,
cold and warm plasma plus energetic particles) and waves in Earth’s inner
magnetosphere and near-Earth plasma sheet (~12 Earth radii and inward).  We
particularly encourage abstracts focusing on multipoint satellite
observations including data from multiple missions (e.g., JAXA’s ERG
“Arase”, ESA’s Cluster, NASA’s MMS, Van Allen Probes, THEMIS, plus other
organizations’ spacecraft) that showcase new insight on the nature and
dynamics of the near-Earth plasma sheet, ring current, plasmasphere,
radiation belts, and/or magnetosphere-ionosphere interactions.  We also
encourage any abstracts that focus on how to employ such multipoint
observational data for model validation and for ingestion into data
assimilative models.

*Session site*,* lookup ST13 in the list at:*
http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2019/public.asp?page=sessionList.htm

*Abstract submission site: *
http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2019/public.asp?page=abstract.htm

Sincerely,