CEDAR email: JOB OPENING: Rotator Position for Space Weather Program Director at NSF

Wiltberger, Michael J mwiltber at nsf.gov
Wed Apr 17 13:45:33 MDT 2019

Irfan Azeem outstanding service as Program Director for the Space Weather Program in the Geospace Section of NSF’s Division of Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences has come to an end. We are looking for an experienced upper atmosphere scientist with a flair for scientific leadership and an interest in community service, who is excited about the opportunity to work with us to maintain an excellent aeronomy research program and shape the investment in geospace science at NSF.  In return, the position offers a unique chance to experience the inner workings of federal research programs and to influence the future development of Geospace science at NSF.  A starting date around July 1, 2019 would be ideal but a later date can also be arranged. Rotator assignments are typically of 2-3 years duration.

Rotator positions can be either Intergovernmental Personnel Assignment (IPA) or Visiting Scientist, Engineer, and Educator (VSEE) assignments. For more information regarding rotator assignments and eligibility, visit our website at https://www.nsf.gov/careers/rotator/ .

Consideration of interested applicants will begin May 13, 2019 and will continue until selection is made. For more information about the major duties of the program officer, qualifications, and details on how to apply please see the recently issued Dear Colleague Letter - https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2019/ags19002/ags19002.jsp?org=NSF

Questions about the position can be directed to Geospace Section Head Michael Wiltberger (mwiltber at nsf.gov)  or any of the Geospace program directors:

Irfan Azeem Space Weather sazeem at nsf.gov.
Carrie Black, Geospace Facilities cblack at nsf.gov
Ruth Liberman, Aeronomy rliberman at nsf.gov
Ilia Roussev, Solar-Terrestrial Research iroussev nsf.gov

NSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Employing a Highly Qualified Staff that Reflects the Diversity of Our Nation.