CEDAR email: Invitation to "New and Emerging Magnetosphere-Ionosphere-Thermosphere Coupling Science from Remote and In Situ Spacecraft Measurements: The First 5 Years of Swarm"

Gareth Perry gareth.perry2 at ucalgary.ca
Tue Jul 17 15:04:04 MDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to submit an abstract to the following 2018 AGU Fall
Meeting session "/New and Emerging Magnetosphere-Ionosphere-Thermosphere
Coupling Science from Remote and In Situ Spacecraft Measurements: The
First 5 Years of Swarm/".  We encourage abstracts "focusing on the major
theoretical, modeling, and experimental MIT science results from the
first 5 years of Swarm and Swarm-E" in addition to abstracts "that focus
on multi-point, multi-instrument (including ground-based instruments),
and/or multi-spacecraft measurements, including those from other
spacecraft missions".

*Session ID:* 50201
*Session Title:* SA014. New and Emerging
Magnetosphere-Ionosphere-Thermosphere Coupling Science from Remote and
In Situ Spacecraft Measurements: The First 5 Years of Swarm
***Section/Focus Group:* SPA-Aeronomy
***View Session Details:*
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/50201
the addition of the CASSIOPE Enhanced Polar Outflow Probe (e-POP) as
Swarm-E. Since their launch in the Fall of 2013, Swarm and Swarm-E have
formed the vanguard of remote and in situ diagnostics of the coupled
magnetosphere-ionosphere-thermosphere (MIT) system. As a quartet, Swarm
will enable new insight into MIT coupling processes and wave-particle
interactions across multiple spatiotemporal scales. We solicit
contributions focusing on the major theoretical, modeling, and
experimental MIT science results from the first 5 years of Swarm and
Swarm-E, as well as contributions that identify new and emerging MIT
science targets for the mission. Papers regarding MIT coupling processes
at all latitudes are welcome. In particular, we seek contributions that
focus on multi-point, multi-instrument (including ground-based
instruments), and/or multi-spacecraft measurements, including those from
other spacecraft missions.

Please note that the abstract deadline is *August 1, 2018, 11:59 PM
EDT*. Sincerely,

Gareth Perry, University of Calgary (perry at phys.ucalgary.ca)
Rune Floberghagen, European Space Agency
David Knudsen, University of Calgary
Andrew Yau, University of Calgary