CEDAR email: AGU Session Announcement: "Data Assimilation in the Mesosphere, Thermosphere, and Ionosphere: Recent Progress and Future Challenges”

Nick Pedatella nickp at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 5 09:11:00 MDT 2018

Dear CEDAR Community,

If you are planning to attend the 2018 AGU Fall Meeting, to be held 10-14
December in Washington DC, we would like to bring your attention to the
following special session in the SP-Aeronomy Section entitled "Data
Assimilation in the Mesosphere, Thermosphere, and Ionosphere: Recent
Progress and Future Challenges”. The session will serve as a forum for
studies describing existing and upcoming observations of the
mesosphere-thermosphere-ionosphere (MTI) region from both ground-based
instruments and satellite missions, with an emphasis on assimilation and/or
validation of MTI data assimilation products. We also encourage submissions
describing recent progress in development of data assimilation methods for
the MTI region. A full description of this session can be found at

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/49968

Please forward this announcement to other researchers that may be
interested in this session, but are not on this email list.

Best wishes from the session co-chairs,

John McCormack, Kayo Ide, Nick Pedatella, and Gunter Stober