CEDAR email: Advertisement for a Post-Doctoral Postion at UNIVAP, Brazil

Paulo Fagundes fagundes at univap.br
Fri Jul 10 07:50:10 MDT 2015

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to bring to your notice that I have a Post-Doctoral
Position as a part of my Thematic Project (FAPESP, Brazil). I would like
to give this advertisement to CEDAR community.
I am hereunder appending the advertisement and attaching the same as
.doc file. Please see that it is forwarded to the CEDAR community.

Thanks and regards
Prof.Paulo Fagundes

JOB OPENING: Postdoctoral Position, Equatorial and low latitude
Ionosphere, Mesosphere and thermosphere, Physics and Astronomy

Universidade do Vale do Paraiba (UNIVAP)

Sao Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo, Brazil

From: Paulo Roberto Fagundes fagundes at univap.br
<mailto:fagundes at univap.br>

The Physics and Astronomy research group, Space Physics Unit, at
Universidade do Vale do Paraiba (UNIVAP) invites applications for a
post-doctoral position in Space Physics and Aeronomy.

The successful applicant will be responsible for pursuing research using
the UNIVAP Space Physics Observatory network. Experience with ionosonde,
All-Sky imaging system, FPI, and GPS (TEC) will be particularly
valuable, along with strong analytical and programming skills.
Successful applicant is expected to actively participate in experimental
campaigns, acquiring and processing data, developing new methods for
data analysis, estimation, interpretation, and synthesizing findings in
journal publications while presenting in seminars and conferences. The
successful applicant will also be expected to interact with
undergraduate and graduate students affiliated with our research group.
The initial appointment will be for two year with an option for
extension contingent on performance. Applications including a detailed
CV along with research interests describing the proposed work to be done
upon selection (not more than 5 pages) and contact information for three
references should be sent to Paulo Fagundes (fagundes at univap.br)

The position will begin on September 20, 2015 and remains open until it
is filled. The current Post-doctoral fellowship is BRL 6.143,40 per
month which is about US$ 1,900.00. Limited funds will also be made
available to meet expenses to participate in scientific conferences.

The last date for the receipt of applications is 20^th August, 2015

--
Paulo Roberto Fagundes
Universidade do Vale do Paraiba -- UNIVAP