CEDAR email: 2010 SORCE Sci Mtg -- Keystone, Colorado, May 19-21, 2010

Vanessa George Vanessa.George at lasp.colorado.edu
Tue Dec 22 09:41:29 MST 2009

2010 SORCE Science Meeting - Call for Abstracts

"Solar and Anthropogenic Influences on Earth:
The Current Solar Minimum and Predictions for Future Decades"

May 19-21, 2010
Keystone, Colorado

http://lasp.colorado.edu/sorce/news/2010ScienceMeeting/

We are pleased to announce the 2010 SORCE Science Meeting, motivated by the solar irradiance observations by NASA's Solar Radiation and Climate Experiment (SORCE). Relative to the past three solar minimum epochs of the space era (1976, 1986, and 1996) the current solar minimum (2008-2009) between solar cycles 23 and 24 is unusually prolonged, with record numbers of sunspot-free days, record low solar polar magnetic fields, and record high levels of cosmic ray flux. Evidence is accumulating for broad ranging terrestrial responses to the current inactivity of the Sun. The format for this workshop consists of invited and contributed presentations for three sessions concerning the solar irradiance and its variability and the current state of Earth's climate and atmosphere. We encourage your participation (abstracts due Feb. 19, 2010) and hope that you will share this announcement with colleagues. Please visit the 2010 SORCE Meeting website for an agenda, speaker list, abstract form, etc. - http://lasp.colorado.edu/sorce/news/2010ScienceMeeting/.

Deadlines:
Abstract:  Feb. 19, 2010
Pre-Registration:  April 16, 2010
Hotel:  April 16, 2010