[Wrf-users] WRF Evapotranspiration, SFCEVP vs LH vs ECAN+EDIR+ETRAN

Stephanie A. Spera Stephanie.A.Spera at dartmouth.edu
Fri Jun 16 10:25:54 MDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm interested in differences in total evapotranspiration across my simulations, and I'm a little lost as to which variables I should be looking at, especially as I tried to compare across ET related variables.

There is latent heat (LH); evaporation of intercepted water, ground surface evaporation and transpiration rate (ECAN + EDIR + ETRAN); and accumulated surface evaporation (SFCEVP), all of which I can convert to mm/day. However, when I do the (hopefully) correct math, and compare across variables, each provides a different ET amount. Any ideas as to why this would be, or which set of variables I should rely on?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Stephanie Spera, PhD

Postdoctoral Fellow

Neukom Institute for Computational Science

Department of Geography

www.stephaniespera.com