[Wrf-users] question

Don Morton don.morton at borealscicomp.com
Mon Apr 17 09:36:54 MDT 2017

Hello,

I've been buried in GRIB1/GRIB2/Vtable/ungrib hell for some weeks, and have
learned a lot.

The first thing I would do is use the util/rd_intermediate.exe tool that's
provided as part of WPS and look to see what fields you have in there.
Just looking at the *.log files produced by ungrib.exe might give you some
insight, too, as to which fields were successfully ingested.

>From there, you can use grib tools (like GRIB API's grib_ls and grib_dump,
or NCEP's wgrib2) to see what's actually in the GRIB files, and whether the
parameter codes match those in the Vtables.

It's a little painful, I admit, but the tools are there to figure this out
:)

Best,

Don
---