[Wrf-users] Fwd: real.exe looking for erroneous start date

Ryan Connelly rconne01 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:23:45 MST 2016

Hi all,

Helping a colleague through a very odd problem:  In running real, I
encounter the error

FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:     408
error opening met_em.d01.1993-03-13_12:00:00.nc for input; bad date in
namelist or file not in directory

Problem is, we're not running with data from Mar 1993, we're running with
data from Dec 2015.  I just went through and reran ungrib and metgrid with
the correct Dec 2015 gfs grib2 files linked in to make sure nothing was
named wrong - that all ran fine and I verified that the data is indeed from
Dec 2015.  I also of course checked the namelists to verify that the
start/end dates are correct in them - they are.  So I think I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan

--
Ryan Connelly
M.S. Student in Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University
rconne01 at gmail.com
ryan.connelly at stonybrook.edu