[Wrf-users] (not) the same values in case of two-way nesting

G. Hesselmans hesselmans at hermess.nl
Tue Nov 22 07:05:56 MST 2016

Dear all

I am running WRF using two-way nesting.

I have been told that results of domain 2 are used to replace values in
domain 1 after each time step.

I have checked this with ncview for the 4d var P.

To my surprise I cannot find corresponding values for P in both domain 1
and domain 2.

I have set smooth_option to 0, therefore values in domain 1 should have
exactly the same as those in domain 2,

at least for the center cell of the  parent_grid_ratio x
parent_grid_ratio fine grid cells of domain 2.

Please can someone tell me why I do not find corresponding values.

Is feedback limited to certain parameters? If so, which ones?

Kind regards, Gerard