[Wrf-users] Question regarding determine some parameters in namelist.wps

Carlos Ross cf.ross at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:47:29 MDT 2016

Hi Zhixuan,
You're a bit confused.

e_we and e_sn are the domain dimensions. in X and Y.
geog_data_res is the resolution of the input data.
dx and dy are the resolution of the main domain.
parent_grid_ratio is the ratio starting from the main domain.

As example:

 parent_id         = 1,1,2,
 parent_grid_ratio = 1,3,3, (resolution of each domain: 27km, 9km, 3km)
 i_parent_start    = 1,20,15,
 j_parent_start    = 1,35,15,
 e_we          = 100,75,60  (domain dimensions: 100x100, 75x75, 60x60
everyone in grid points)
 e_sn          = 100,75,60
 geog_data_res = '10m','5m','2m', (input resolution for each domain)
 dx = 27000, (first domain resolution)
 dy = 27000,