[Wrf-users] What is a reasonable speed for WRF / how to increase it?

Carlos Ross cf.ross at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 07:44:08 MDT 2016

Hi Yiapoing,

The core is the hardware, the thread is like the number of process executed
by the core, each of your cores can process two threads, so you don't have
12 cores per processor you have 6 (
http://ark.intel.com/products/47922/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5650-12M-Cache-2_66-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI
).
so instead you run wrf with mpirun -np 44 you should do it with mpirun -np
22.
There is also a way of binding to core, so it doesn't keep jumping to other
cores (I don't know too much about this). I have it like this: mpirun -np
16 --map-by socket:PE=2 wrf.exe
I hope that works for you.