[Wrf-users] What is a reasonable speed for WRF / how to increase it?

Wang, Yaoping wang.3866 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Sep 2 16:33:30 MDT 2016

Hi,

Could you explain more about the "using 2 process in one core" and how to find out/address it? I am not very familiar with the technical aspect of supercomputing. I thought one core in supercomputing means one CPU, but did you mean that each CPU is further made up of multiple "little-cores" themselves, or 2 cores can be on the same CPU?

I am compiling MPI using the intel compiler. But here is another problem. OpenMP does not work at all on my system. The compiler finishes successfully, but then, when I run "./real.exe", it segfaults without even creating an rsl file. I tried using "./configure -d", and updating my WRF version from 3.8 to 3.8.1, but the segfault was the same. Do you know what else I might do? I attached my "configure.wrf" and "configure.wps" files.

I also tested 44 cores with no luck. Increasing the number of nodes from 4 to 6 only increased the throughput marginally.

Thank you,

Yaoping