[Wrf-users] Write only one vertical level in wrfout file

Dominikus Heinzeller climbfuji at ymail.com
Tue Jul 26 01:17:07 MDT 2016

Hi Tabish,

as far as I know this is not possible without tweaking the WRF source code. The simplest option would be to run a post-processing script that uses ncks or cdo to retain only the lowest model level, but you would still have to write out the large files upfront. Modifying the source code should be easy if you just want to hard-code writing out the lowest model level. You could also duplicate the wrf pressure-level diagnostics mechanism to achieve this in a separate stream and suppress output of model-level variables in the standard (history) output stream.

Cheers

Dom