[Wrf-users] Spectral nudging not working for restart run? gfdda_end_h should be set starting from the restart time or the very beginning time?

afwande juliet afwandej965 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:05:41 MDT 2016

I did spectral nudging for moisture above PBL 4months ago , I guess
moisture can also be nudged
On Apr 7, 2016 8:11 PM, "Xiaoming Hu" <xhu at ou.edu> wrote:

Hello

  I separated my seasonal run into several segments, the latter runs are
restarted from the previous runs.

   But it seems the spectral nudging only worked for the 1st segment run,
but not for the latter restart runs.

  Does the spectral nudging not work for restart runs?   Or did I set
something wrong?
   See my namelist for a latter restart run:

http://www.caps.ou.edu/micronet/WRF-UCM/FocusON_OKC/WRFV3.7.1/with_rr_fixed/wrfNCEP_DOE2d_UCM_Snudge_WangRec.2005060100/namelist.input_2005-08-09_00:00

    One thing I can think of is regarding gfdda_end_h

     Should it be set as the time starting from restart time or from the
very beginning time?
     Currently I set it starting from the restart time.

Thanks a lot!
Xiaoming
http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/H/Xiaoming.Hu-1/