[Wrf-users] low values of rain from WRF simulations

afwande juliet afwandej965 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 03:26:48 MST 2016

Dear WRF users
I was checking on my simulations and did some plots for 1981 and 1997.
However, the rainfall quantities from WRF are too small(0-150mm/season and
monthly). This are not comparable with gridded data.
The WRF output were 3hourly i.e 8timestep in a day
I used cdo to get monthly values .i.e

cdo daymean ifile ofile
cdo monmean ifile ofile
could this be the problem?
The units of rain is mm, do i need to multiply these 3hourly values with a
figure so that i can get mm/day for the monthly totals or so that I get
reasonable figures?
kindly advice since the results seems to point errors; the obvious case is
displacement of rain to
As I understand , the rain is cumulative, but 0ne timestep when plotted is
200mm, but when I do monthly or seasons i get only 230mm which are too small
see attached the plots
I have attached one wrf file output through google drive for anybody to try
plot and help me know whether the problem is with simulation or plotting​
 wrfout_d01_1981-02-11_03_00_00_CUT.nc
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6lPljzT63mfOXFJNkVFYTR3aXM/view?usp=drive_web>
​