[Wrf-users] Calculating surface visibility from wrfout file

Sundar J wrf.guy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:05:21 MST 2016

Thank you all for the helpful reply.

I could find lot of documents related to visibility now. In most of the
cases Liquid Water Content (LWC) is mentioned for deriving visibility. Is
it equivalent to QCLOUD of the wrfout parameter? From this page
http://www.meteo.unican.es/wiki/cordexwrf/OutputVariables, it looks like
same. But I would like to confirm you all for clarification.