[Wrf-users] Input data and datums

sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com
Wed Jan 13 05:09:27 MST 2016

Hi all,

I have a question about how WPS treats georeferenced input data.   I have read a few blog posts which suggest WPS treats latitudes in input datasets as spherical latitude on the WRF sphere,  even though the datasets themselves are defined wrt the WGS1984 ellipsoid. I've had a little look at the WPS source code, it seems this is the case, but I'm not certain.  This is not necessarily a problem as long as all input datasets are handled consistently.   I need to know as I would like to define the correct transformation to overlay high-resolution WRF outputs onto other datasets, without introducing any unnecessary shifts.  In short, I'm trying to do the reverse transformation correctly.

Kind regards,

Sam

Sam Hawkins
Senior Research Engineer
Vattenfall Wind Power Ltd
sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com<mailto:sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com>
+44 (0)7966 691026

We have recently changed the registered offices of a number of our companies. The following are now registered at 1 Tudor Street, London, EC4Y 0AH:
Vattenfall Wind Power Ltd, Border Wind Ltd, Border Wind Farms Ltd, BW Ops Ltd, Clashindarroch Wind Farm Ltd,  Eclipse Energy UK Ltd,
Eclipse Energy Company Ltd, Kentish Flats Ltd, Ormonde Energy Ltd, Ormonde Energy Holdings Ltd, Ormonde Project Company Ltd, Thanet Offshore