[Wrf-users] Dhudhia, RRTM and KF-schmes + kfeta_trigger+ cu_rad_feedback (max dom) causing error,

afwande juliet afwandej965 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 00:59:39 MST 2015

Hi has anyone used Dhudhia, RRTM, KF with the kfeta_trigger, and cu_rad
feedback  combination together. Am trying to set these physics options but
wrf.exe doesn't run infact I get message that error in reading physics
options. When I uncomment the
! kfeta_trigger                        = 1,
! cu_rad_feedback (max dom)

 wrf complains generating this error

INPUT LandUse = "USGS"
  LANDUSE TYPE = "USGS" FOUND           33  CATEGORIES            2
SEASONS WATER CATEGORY =            16  SNOW CATEGORY =            24
   returning from of landuse_init
   module_start: phy_init: Before call to ra_init
 -------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
 FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:    1839
 Need CAM or RRTMG radiation for bucket_J option

I would like the physics combination for my study. How can correct this so
that I use the options below. Is it that my combinations of phyisics lacks
compatibility?

&physics
 mp_physics                          = 6,
 ra_lw_physics                       = 1,
 ra_sw_physics                       = 1,
 radt                                = 30,
 sf_sfclay_physics                   = 1,
 sf_surface_physics                  = 2,
 bl_pbl_physics                      = 1,
 bldt                                = 0,
 cu_physics                          = 1,
 cudt                                = 5,
kfeta_trigger                        = 1,
cu_rad_feedback (max dom)           = .true.,
 isfflx                              = 1,
 sst_update                          = 1,
 tmn_update                          = 1,
 sst_skin                            = 1,
 bucket_mm                           = 100.0,
 bucket_J                            = 1.e9,
 ifsnow                              = 1,
 icloud                              = 1,
 surface_input_source                = 1,
 num_soil_layers                     = 4,
 sf_urban_physics                    = 0,
  /

 &fdda
 grid_fdda = 2,
 gfdda_inname = "wrffdda_d<domain>",