[Wrf-users] All my time control, physics and domains cant be read by real.exe

Dominikus Heinzeller climbfuji at ymail.com
Fri Nov 6 01:14:50 MST 2015

Hi Juliet,

You need to check which of the parameters are domain-specific and which are not. The domain-specific ones require one value per nest, the others only one value. For instance:

interval_seconds is not domain specific -> only one value

time_step is not domain specific -> only one value
(same for time_step_fract_num,  time_step_fract_den)

The WRF namelist description in the WRF User’s Guide (Description of Namelist Variables <http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3/users_guide_chap5.htm#Namelist>) is helpful here (and always worth reading ;-) ): a domain-specific parameter is annotated with (max_dom) in the list.

Cheers,

Dom/