[Wrf-users] Error in ungribbing gfs data

Mehran Khodamorad mkhodamorad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 01:50:24 MDT 2015

Dear WRF user,
I have got a big problem when i wanted to ungrib  gfs data in
gfs.t00z.pgrb2f** format for the scond of February in 2014.  When i run
ungrib in wrfdomainwizard, it got this following error:
ERROR:  ERROR querying GRIB2 message = 2

- - - - - - -  List of Output  - - - - - - -

List of ungrib.exe files found
    No decoded GRIB files were found.

rec GRIB GRIB  Lvl  Lvl  Lvl         Time      Fcst
 Num Code name  Code one  two                   hour
*** stopping in gribcode ***\n
\tI was expecting a Grib1 file, but this is a Grib2 file.
\tUse g2print on Grib2 files\n
gribsize in gribcode
Copen: File =
GRIBFILE.AAA

Fortran Unit = 135093580
UNIX File descriptor: 3

I knew the format of these gfs data in GRIB2,Could anyone help me  how i
can fix it?
By the way, WPS compiles with  Grib2 and i use the gfs data includes
gfs.t00z.pgrb2f00 to gfs.t00z.pgrb2f48 for 48 hours forecast.
Many Thank in advance.
Regards
Mehraneh

 Dr. Mehraneh Khodamorad Pour,