[Wrf-users] tslist Profiles: Vertical Coordinates?

Richard Newton richard.newton-6 at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Wed Oct 7 09:05:55 MDT 2015

Hello,

I have produced a time series of surface data and vertical profiles using the tslist file method. The first problem is that the output profiles only produce fifteen vertical levels even though the model has 47 vertical levels. From looking at the profiles, the profiles in the tslist output files are within the lower troposphere, and no data points are within the stratosphere. Is there a way of changing the number of levels that are output in the profile files?

The second problem is that I don't know how the vertical coordinates are defined. I assume the data points in the profile are associated with the model vertical levels somehow, but it is unclear how. I would ideally want to convert the vertical levels to pressure... is there a way I can do that?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Richard Newton
PhD Student
School of Earth, Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences
University of Manchester