[Wrf-users] Not getting the Jasper lib

Md Hosen md.hosen at live.vu.edu.au
Tue Aug 25 00:36:26 MDT 2015

Dear WRF users,

Good day!

I have used the following command to install necessary libraries of WRF model in Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 LTS.

sudo apt-get install libjasper-dev libpng12-dev zlib1g-dev libnetcdf-dev netcdf-bin build-essential mpich2 libmpich2-dev gfortran ncl-ncarg libncarg-data libncarg-dev grads csh m4

I have set following configuration into ~/.bashrc file.

export NETCDF=/usr
export JASPERLIB=/usr/lib
export JASPERINC=/usr/include
export WRF_EM_CORE=1
export WRFIO_NCD_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT=1

When I am trying to compile WRF model, it shows the following error message:

Right now you are not getting the Jasper lib, from the environment, compiled into WRF.

It is getting the PATH of JASPERINC but not JASPERLIB.  later I have check the PATH of JASPER lib into my system and found the following directories.

Jasper is available on my system:

ls /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjasper*

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjasper.a

/usr/lib/x86-64-linux-gnu/libjasper.so

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjasper.so.1.0.0

Also, ZLIB and LIBPNG are existed into same directory. Then I change the line 'export JASPERLIB' into ~/.bashrc file as follows:

export JASPERLIB=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

Still it shows same message "Right now you are not getting the Jasper lib, from the environment, compiled into WRF."

Alternate way, I have made soft link for JASPER lib files from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu to /usr/lib directory. But the problem is not solved.

Could you please suggest any solution. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Kind regards,

Hossain