[Wrf-users] little doubt for physics

giacomo tricarico mino-98 at hotmail.it
Wed Aug 19 11:17:52 MDT 2015

Hi everybody, I'm currently using WRF-NMM, the latest version. My domain has a horizontal resolution of about 0.013°x0.013°, that is 2 km.
I was wondering if I should use a cumulus scheme, that currently I do not have set.This is because on WRF physics tutorials I read this:-For dx <= 3 km: probably do NOT need scheme; however, there are cases where the earlier triggering of convection by cumulus schemes help.
So I have written this email due to the last sentence above: do I really need to turn it on?
Thanks,Giacomo