[Wrf-users] Using R2 reanalysis with WRF

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Thu Aug 6 19:42:33 MDT 2015

I am looking to use some R2 reanalysis data as the initial/boundary
conditions for WRF for some historical simulations.  I have found a lot of
dead links to data, but nothing that currently works and I'm sure will be
useful for WRF.  Where should I obtain the R2 data from?

This site only seems to have files by variable:
http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/gridded/data.ncep.reanalysis2.pressure.html

This site has the pgb files, but it only goes back 1 year:
ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wd51we/reanalysis-2/

Do I just use the GFS VTable once I get the data?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Robinson
PhD Candidate - Department of Atmospheric Science