[Wrf-users] Modifying WRF I/O code to do Lossy compression

Jatin Kala jatin.kala.jk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 02:31:36 MDT 2015

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has any experience in modifying the WRF I/O
source code to do "Lossy" compression for the wrfout_d0* files, i.e.,
something along the lines of storing say temperatures as integer with a
scale factor to convert to float again later when analyzing the outputs.

I already know about NetCDF's nccopy, just wondering if someone has been
brave enough to try "Lossy" type compression within the WRF source code,
excluding wrfrst_d0* files.

Cheers,
Jatin.