[Wrf-users] WPS install error

David Stanfel dstanfel at ualberta.ca
Wed Jun 10 16:12:40 MDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to install the WPS software on my macbook pro. I have
configured WRF and have all the necessary libraries. When I run the
configure, however, I get the following:

Configuration successful. To build the WPS, type: compile

Testing for NetCDF, C and Fortran compiler

warning:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/nm:
no name list

This installation NetCDF is 64-bit

C compiler is 64-bit

Fortran compiler is 64-bit

Your versions of Fortran and NETCDF are not consistent.

I built the NETCDF library with gfortran so I don't understand why they are
not consistent. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David