[Wrf-users] Error with nudging in WRF using RT_fdda_reformat_obsnud.pl

Oleksandr Huziy guziy.sasha at gmail.com
Fri May 29 10:40:57 MDT 2015

Hi:

You could output $bline on line 76, in the script to see what is wrong with
it, or go to the line 12399120 in your input file, maybe there is an
obvious problem..

My guess is $bline is too small, it tries to write the record number there
starting with character 40 and using 7 characters..

Cheers

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to convert observation data in little_r format to the format
> for WRF obs-nudging.
>
> When I run RT_fdda_reformat_obsnud.pl on my little_r data, file-cat1 I
> receive this error:
>
> [mavenece at wolf testrun]$ ./RT_fdda_reformat_obsnud.pl file-cat1
> substr outside of string at ./RT_fdda_reformat_obsnud.pl line 77, <IN>
> line 12399120.
>

> Which kills the script. Has anyone ever seen this error before? Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Melissa
>
> --
> Melissa Venecek
> Ph.D. Candidate
> Atmospheric Sciences Program
> Department of Land, Air and Water Resources
> University of California, Davis
>
> Phone: (216) 496-8425

Sasha