[Wrf-users] NETCDF-fortran library

Md Hosen md.hosen at live.vu.edu.au
Mon Mar 9 03:05:04 MDT 2015

Dear All,

I tried to compile the WRF model. But it showed some problems regarding netcdf-fortran. Then I delete all the folders and again I am tring to install the libraries. I have installed MPICH-3.1.2, ZLIB-1.2.8, HDF5-1.8.12 and NETCDF-4.3.2. The compiler is gfortran with gcc. Now when I am trying to install NETCDF-FORTRAN-4.4.1-rc1, it shows the following error:

checking size of off_t... configure: error: in '/home/Imran/WRF/library/netcdf-fortran-4.4.1-rc1':

configure:  error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)

see 'config.log' for more details.

Please find the config.log file for more details.

FYI, my installed GCC version is 4.4.7.

Could you please give any suggestion to solve the problem. First I installed all the libraries then I deleted all the folder due to some problem and again I am trying to re-install all the libraries. So, is it any issue for that problem?

Your co-operation will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Imran