[Wrf-users] NETCDF-FORTRAN library

Md Hosen md.hosen at live.vu.edu.au
Mon Mar 9 01:33:59 MDT 2015

Dear All,

I tried to compile the WRF model. But it showed some problems regarding netcdf-fortran. Then I delete all the folders and again I am tring to install the libraries. I have installed MPICH-3.1.2, ZLIB-1.2.8, HDF5-1.8.12 and NETCDF-4.3.2. The compiler is gfortran with gcc. Now when I am trying to install NETCDF-FORTRAN-4.4.1-rc1, it shows the following error:

checking size of off_t... configure: error: in '/home/Imran/WRF/library/netcdf-fortran-4.4.1-rc1':

configure:  error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)

see 'config.log' for more details.

FYI, my installed GCC version is 4.4.7.

Could you please give any suggestion to solve the problem. First I installed all the libraries then I deleted all the folder due to some problem and again I am trying to re-install all the libraries. So, is it any issue for that problem?

Your co-operation will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Imran