[Wrf-users] Wind magnitude overestimated in nocturnal period

claudiomet claudiomet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:04:38 MDT 2014

Hi users!

I'm running WRF so many time ago for daily forecasts.
In my case, the most important variable is the wind: magnitude and
direction.

The shape of the curve of the diurnal cycle of the wind is OK, but there is
a little problem.

The magnitude of the wind during the diurnal period is OK, but during the
night cycle is always overestimated.
In my domain, historically the high maqnitudes of the day are in the
afternoon-evening, but the model shows the high magnitudes of the day in
the morning-noon
What can be the problem?
Thanks in advance!

--