[Wrf-users] Miniscule error on running configure for WPS on Ubuntu 12.04

ashwinD12 . winash12 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 06:25:27 MDT 2014

Hello all,
              I got WRF and WPS successfully compiled with all the
dependencies include on Ubuntu 12.04. All the .exe files are of finite
size. There is only small error when I run the configure file for WPS.
Remember this is on Ubuntu 12.04 with gfortran and gcc. My earlier runs
were on CYGWIN/gcc/gfortran.

So this is the error message I get on running configure for WPS on Ubuntu
12.04.
This is at the end -

Your FORTRAN + NETCDF did not run successfully.

WPS itself compiled successfully with no errors at all. As I mentioned all
the .exe files are non-zero size. Is this something I should fix first and
then move forward or this is something that can be ignored? netcdf and
netcdff were compiled from source code with gcc and gfortran and make check
ran without any errors whasoever. This is a 64 bit Linux machine.

Regards,
Ashwin.