[Wrf-users] Fwd: reg: how can i calculate manually the corner points of the domain using WRF-NMM.

Malleswararao Maguluri mallesh4science at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 06:03:42 MDT 2014

Dear WRF-Users,

   greetings of the Hour,

   I am using single domain, WRF-NMM, Projection: rotated_ll, Arakawa
E-grid

   I understand "corner_lats" and "corner_lons" which has the corners of
the mass (first 4 values) and velocity (second four values) grids in
geo_nmm.d01.nc. but my question is how it arranged both latitudinally and
longitudinally. The difference between corner longitudes is 5.2024 deg and
corner latitudes is 2.31438 deg. But i have used e_we and e_sn as 50 and
resolution as 5.6km and dy=0.95*dx. So how can i understand the grid pt
distances in both latitude and longitudewise by that much difference. I am
unable to get the clear idea.

Please anybody give me the clear explanation about this.

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks & Regards,

--
M. MALLESWARA RAO
M.Tech (Atmospheric Science) & M.Sc (Physics)