[Wrf-users] WRF Forecasting

CARLOS ROMAN CASCON carlosromancascon at fis.ucm.es
Wed Nov 6 23:43:37 MST 2013

Dear Sara,

You can download data for forecasting with WRF from the NCEP page
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/products/gfs/

You should download GRIB2 files from GFS. I think you should use files like
"gfs.t00z.pgrbf06.grib2"  (this is just an example). The files are in the
page with a slight delay of some hours.

Note that for using GRIB2 files, you must need to configure and compile WPS
with the grib2 option.

Regards

Carlos Román Cascón