[Wrf-users] ndown from wrfout files only

sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com
Mon Sep 16 08:29:56 MDT 2013

Hello WRF users,

Is it possible to do one-way nesting with WRF using ndown.exe and *only*  wrfout files from a previous run as inputs? I'm trying to nest down from some existing wrfout files, without downloading global grib files. All of the tutorials describe running metgrid.exe for the parent and child domain.  I guess this is needed for soil temperatures in the child domain, but can these be interpolated from the parent domain?  Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Sam.

Sam Hawkins
Research Engineeer