[Wrf-users] parallel real.exe processes attempting to open namelist.input

Zulauf, Michael Michael.Zulauf at iberdrolaren.com
Fri Aug 30 10:33:21 MDT 2013

Previously I wrote:

Ø  Next I tried modifying my job script so that it created work directories on the local disk of the non-I/O nodes.

Ø  In this way there is a work directory with the same name on all nodes, local to all nodes.

Which led to the failure from trying to open namelist.input.  To extend this experiment, I tried placing a copy of namelist.input in the local work directories, on each node.  This allowed both real.exe and wrf.exe to run, apparently correctly from that point on.

So this may be a work-around for my problem, but I still see this as an unexpected issue, which I didn't have before.  It doesn't seem correct that all the non-I/O processes should be opening namelist.input.  Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Any suggestions for other/better fixes?

Thanks,

Mike

This message is intended for the exclusive attention of the recipient(s) indicated.  Any information contained herein is strictly confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by return e-mail and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, alteration, filing or sending of this message and/or any attached files may lead to legal action being taken against the party(ies) responsible for said unauthorized use. Any opinion expressed herein is solely that of the author(s) and does not necessarily represent the opinion of the Company. The sender does not guarantee the integrity, speed or safety of this message, and does not accept responsibility for any possible damage arising from the interception, incorporation of viruses, or any other damage as a result of manipulation.