[Wrf-users] About how to get typhoon center and its pressure

孙佳 sunjiaouc at sina.com
Tue Aug 20 08:07:34 MDT 2013

Dear All,
I am trying to simulate a tropical cyclone process by runing WRF model(Version3.5), and finally get a not that bad result. But when I want to get the center and its minimum pressure, I met the problem.

In "wrfout*" files, variables "P" and "PB" is "perturbation pressure" and "base pressure" respectively. The contour of PB on land is extremely lower than 1013hPa,  and I think it's caused by a higher terrain on land. So this is my problem, how can I get the center of a typhoon and get its minimum pressure excluding the impact of the terrain?

Thank you so much for your time!

2013-08-20

谨祝顺祺!
WITH BEST WISHES!

JIA, SUN
TEL: (+86)15077857866
E-MAIL: SUNJIAOUC at SINA.COM
PHYSICAL OCEANOGRAPHY LAB
HOHAI UNIVERSITY
1 XIKANG, GULOU, NANJING, JIANGSU PROVINCE, CHINA, 210098